UC Merced Office of Research - Research Development Services
Research Development Services
The goals of the Research Development Services (RDS) Unit in the Office of Research at UC Merced are to:
- Expand UC Merced's capacity to pursue major multi and interdisciplinary team based research initiatives.
- Promote growth in campus extramural funding for research and graduate training.
RDS works with UC Merced faculty to develop and submit extramural research funding proposals with a primary focus on large multi- and interdisciplinary, team-based collaborative proposals and proposals to support graduate research. We provide advice and support in developing successful proposals that blend faculty expertise with funding opportunity requirements and policies and work to build relationships with extramural research funding agencies and potential collaborators.
Our services include:
- Identification of and dissemination of information regarding funding opportunities;
- Advice and assistance regarding responses to new/emerging/changing funding opportunities and environments;
- Assistance in identifying potential collaborators;
- Training on proposal writing and grantsmanship;
- Advice and assistance regarding funders' proposal policies;
- Support for planning, coordination and submission of large and/or complex proposal efforts;
- Provision of 'boilerplate' language; and
- Proposal writing and editing, with a focus on effective communication and responsiveness to the funder requirements.
Individual and team faculty and graduate student consultations are welcomed and encouraged.
Research Development News
2015 Competition Cycle Announced for UC Multicampus Research Programs and Initiatives (MRPI)
Anticipated release date for new RFP is April 1, 2014
Read Full Announcement
New NSF Report
Statistical information about the participation of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities in science and engineering education and employment.